New in this version:
- Support for multiple windows
- Java-style flow layout
- Full batching
- Numerous performance enhancements and bug fixes
- Minor theme tweaks
- setuptools/easy_install support
Given the speed of development, simplui has moved to its own googlecode project:
You can obtain the source from Mercurial, or download the binary package there.
In addition, simplui has been integrated with setuptools/easy_install. You can find the package listing in the PyPI directory (here), or you can install immediately with easy_install:
(note that easy_install will not install the demo application and themes)
This release does come complete with a few of caveats:
- simplui is only compatible with pyglet 1.1 maintenance – not the experimental version in trunk
- There is a bug in pyglet 1.1.3 which can cause crashes if un-patched.
- On Mac OS X, you may need to upgrade setuptools (sudo easy_install -s /usr/bin setuptools)